Saturday, November 29, 2014

Just a funny story

It was Sabbath so off to Church we went. After the service, we decided to walk around the area to get some idea about it as the house we are considering was located somewhere nearby. As no restaurant was located, we boarded a bus and returned to the old town and found a wonderful  Italian Restaurant called "Salumeria Veccllia Modena" run by Massimo Palazzi, a delightful, genuine Italian. The food was superb.
After the wonderful meal, we decided to stroll to the main square, Parque Calderon and perhaps enjoy an ice cream. We sat down in this cute little ice cream shop and ordered our dessert.. I felt qualified enough to order, in Spanish, what we wanted, a hot chocolate sundae. I thought I said vanilla  ice cream with hot chocolate and whipped cream. What arrived at the table was a cup of hot chocolate. OK, a miss communication. Although we were disappointed, drinking the hot chocolate would have to satisfy our graving for ice cream. As we began to consume our hot chocolate, the waiter brought to the table, a cup of vanilla ice cream with whipped cream on top. Ok so now I had what I ordered, just not in the manner in which I had expected it and wished to have my hot chocolate sundae.We both got however, a very good chuckle.The waiter wondered why, and again I explained our wishes. OK he said and soon returned with  a cream pitcher filled with melted  chocolate, not  fudge, to pour on our ice cream.
Just another joy  of living in an other land and another language.

No comments:

Post a Comment