Saturday, November 29, 2014

Oh My ----CUENCA

Went to the symphony last evening What a joyous experience, and it was FREE. I can hardly believe that this concert put on by the Cuenca Symphony consisting last night of over 50 members was FREE. There was a clarinet soloist who was terrific and we heard Beethoven's 5th. I have been in Cuenca a total of two weeks and have been to two ,just outstanding free concerts already..
Taking the local buses is another special experience. I purchased an " Old Mans Card", put $20 on it, wave it in front of a special box on the bus and it pays the fare of $.12,and tells me how much remains on my card. I have taken several buses to the end of the line and returned. What a cheap way to see the city.
I am having another time of my life , experiencing another culture first hand, and the best part, there is no deadline-no " I only have x days left and must return home" feeling.
Sharyl still having difficulty with the altitude. Tires easily and is not able to join me all the time. This is sad for both of us, but more so for her as she wants to enjoy being here and does make a valiant effort to do so.
Looking for a permanent home has been trying, as we must keep at it until we do. Several times the homes are rented before we get to see them. We are negotiating for a home right now that may work out. It is a large house, but very dark inside. It has 4 bedrooms, three bathrooms, plain un-attractive kitchen, large living and dinning rooms and an  office space , The darkness is created by corrugated panels running from the roof line to a patio wall . We are hoping to replace a few of these panels with a clear material to allow more light to shine in.
A house will be found in time and we will be able to " nest" and find more time to explore and experience this beautiful city of  CUENCA

No comments:

Post a Comment