Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A few more things I like about Cuenca

My very favorite place to go is Feria Libre,a market where  country farmers bring their produce to sell. The place is fascinating. So much food and so colorful. Many in their native dress. They resist having their pictures taken,BUT someday---They sell almost everything there.It is so interesting to just walk around and get lost among the various stalls. Haggling is expected and I do. I have to be careful as you get so much for your money , Sharyl and I will not be able to eat it all before it goes bad. I usually make some kind of soup or stew and have that for several days at a time. Just throw everything in, cook it and eat it.

To give you some idea


All for $.50 cents
and they are soooooo  fresh soooooo good


The whole bunch for $.50 cents. (21 bananas)
They are smaller than the states and taste sweeter


The bag---- you guessed it --- $.50 cents


this basket $3.50
We mash them- delicious-- and we also make potato pancakes for breakfast
These will last for almost a week

Beautiful and so good tasting--$1.

I also bought 25 apples ( several different kinds)  for $1 / 5 . They make a wonderful applesauce.


And then we need a break 

These delicious sundaes are $1.20 each.
Care to join us!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment