Friday, August 29, 2014

We are Committed

Yes we are now committed. We have forwarded our 30 notice to our landlord today-------We rented our LARGE storage unit today. I did get a big discount because I am a very old man. Off course we are not sure what we are committed to Ecuador does have the inside track so far.
We have looked at a home in Cuenca that is just our style. It is just beautiful ( We think) It is located in the countryside about 24 minutes from the main city of Cuenca. It is located on a bus line. In fact the last stop is at the end of the driveway. Looking at a Google map, there is a small village called Valle within walking distance for groceries. What else might be there is yet to be discovered. The house is part of a 1 hectare lot (21/2  acres).
The rent is $350 and we are told utilities-TV-Internet-Gas-Water-Electricity-Phone total no more than $100. So we could live here. Pets are OK ( Silk and China are relieved)
So our adventure moves along. We are now hoping to be able to leave the end of September. We must now go someplace now that we have notified our landlord.As long as I hear from my "Professional Person" in Cuenca that our papers are in order I can travel there and be issued my visa in Ecuador. I was only staying here to be sure that all was in order. I do not want to have to return because some of my required papers have not been prepared correctly. So I MUST clarify that information if I can before I make the BIG move.


                                                   Inside balcony
                                                      Livingroom

                                      Dinningroom ( Is that a hand sink?)

                                           They will leave the fridge
                                                 Beautiful countertop
                                               Lots of counter space
                                           Small sink shown in island
See the dual sink under window

We would love to live here. The owner has not said yes yet. She will be showing it this week-end and make a determination perhaps sometime afterwards.We wait to hear from her.
Stay tuned------

1 comment: