Sunday, October 5, 2014

SILK & CHINA------A DILEMMA

Sharyl and I knew that we would replace our precious illegal immigrant " Scare-D" whom we lost very tragically to kidney failure. We would however have to give our lose some time to heal.Three months passed, when I was moved to visit a pet store advertising rescued cats available. Unable to resist, I entered and was immediately smitten by a beautiful, mostly white calico kitten. I immediately called Sharyl, explained what I had found and suggested she come right over. As I awaited her arrival, I spotted  another calico. This one darker,mostly black mixed with a beautiful pattern of tan and white. Sharyl and I took them both home right away.

 CHINA ROSE


  SILK

China seemed so sweet and delicate,we named her China Rose ( China for short). The brown one had such a soft fur, her name was Silk. These kittens entertained us every minute.They would run around and play, chase each other, groom each other and sleep together. We purchased a climbing apparatus for them to climb on and frolic up and down, competing for the top spot. They provided hours of entertainment for us.



China was the more affectionate one, having this charming way of nodding her head and falling on her back, to invite some attention. Silk became very attached to me. She could always be found not far away from where I was.She will jump on my lap whenever I sit down. She has her special corner of the bed where she will sleep at my feet. She always met me at the front door as I returned home.


                                     I have grown very fond of Silky.

THE DILEMMA

Can I move to Ecuador and NOT take my beloved friends?  Can I really leave them behind with someone else. They are, after all, only cats. This is a very emotional issue, that I did not think through. It is also a very economical issue as we will spend almost $2000 just to take them. Silk will be looking for me everyday. ( And I for her). Call me sentimental, call me irrational, call me what ever, but don't tell me that it will be easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment