Friday, October 3, 2014

" New Wrinkle"

"New Wrinkle" A direct e-mail quote from "My Man" in Cuenca. My plan all along was to have my resident visa completely approved by the Ecuadorian Government BEFORE I traveled to the country to live. The idea being, that if any additional papers or corrections were needed, I would still be here to make sure I could  have them properly prepared. I would also have some extra time to be sure all was in order in Tucson before I actually departed.
So guess what!! The "New Wrinkle" is a form that must be prepared IN Ecuador by Sharyl and I before the visa papers are even  submitted. The problem of the day is that some of the papers I have sent to Cuenca have dates that will expire. Once papers are submitted the dates no longer matter, however since we have not and can not now submit our papers unless we are actually in Ecuador. we are suddenly faced with a deadline of November 15 2014. That will allow us time to prepare the " New Wrinkle" form before our papers expire. If They do expire, we would then  have to start the process all over again.  OMG
Recall that " My Man" in Cuenca had misplaced our papers and therefore had only submitted them several weeks ago not several months ago as I had thought, I have been working under the impression that we had plenty of time. Now I learn that he has still not submitted them and we have this " New Wrinkle " form to complete. We have been packing and thinking about leaving around the end of October or maybe later. Plenty of time still  to make arrangements. NOW A DEADLINE.This seems to add a level of concern,no actually PANIC. Can we do it? There are so many things that have yet to be done. Can we do it?
I have been sort of laid back about getting ready. Many times I would look around knowing that we have been packing and we have been putting things in storage and we have been making departure arrangements, and think it does not look like we have done anything at all. How are we going to get out of this house in just 5 more weeks. Seems overwhelming still.
Botton line however we will get it done and we will move to Ecuador-PERIOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment